Curly Hair Solutions: Ghana Plaits.



I do not thread my hair often, but I do it occasionally for the purpose of obtaining a "different" and "unique" look. I appreciate it because the style elongates the hair without  having to apply direct heat (ex: a blow drier). I haven't had my hair done in plaits in a while, so one day I decided to try it out for the first time doing it myself on my own hair. 

I did it on freshly washed, wet hair. I loved the turn out! In this photo, I just pulled the back section into a loose hair tie and secured the ends with a few booby pins. What you will need for this style are a hair cream or an oil, African thread, a comb for parting, and your good old hands! :) The thread may be found in any African Market. 

Step-by-Step:
1. Part a section of hair
2. Apply cream or oil
3. Take thread
4. Start at the base of the section and begin to wrap it around a few times at the base
5. When you notice that the base is sturdy enough (be careful of not making it too tight), continue wrapping by making your way to the length of the hair until the hair somewhat resembles the above picture
6. When you reach the tips of the hair, be sure to apply a hair cream to keep the tips moisturized
7. Continue to wrap; finally make a small knot at the very end of the plait to secure it from unraveling

I hope you will give this style a try! Should you have any questions, please ask!

Thank you for reading!

With love,
-Charity


Comments

  1. Haha! Your hair looks awesome!! I love the way you make it sound oyinbo-ish...lol...long time! what happnd to u on facebook?

    And guess what? I have gone twisting full-time...lol...I found someone close to where I live who twists well - wet hair + shea Butter and coconut oil...mehn! I get compliments everywhere!! lol...its nice to do something different and im totally confidently rocking my twists and twist-out! (oh, i sometimes do the twist out after a week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis Peace! I'm so glad to hear from you again! I actually had asked bro M (hope you know who I mean) to send me your email because I hadn't heard from you in a while. But good to know you are well and having fun with your hair, lol. I took a vacation from FB for a bit; nevertheless, I am very happy to hear the hair progress!! So exciting! I await more great hair news :).

    God bless,
    -Charity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dear! And more thanks to you for inspiring me. I want to keep twisting till the end of the year and see how my hair goes. I really hope that the dandruff and scalp issues will be over, and my hair can be healthy and full again.

    And you got my email and never wrote me? C'mon, I'm waiting for that mail! Please write me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment