Her Modest Apparel: Autumn and Winter Season Necessities

Sources 


Are you a Modest lady looking for practical ways to be comfortable this Winter Season? Here is a post discussing essentials for the modest lady's closet for the Fall and Winter Season! I like the colder months and always anticipate its arrival (I like Winter Dressing); but I definitely don't joke when it comes to bundling up to face the chilly Winter breeze! Below, I will discuss specific items of protection as per my experience as we approach the Winter Season. I pray you will find it helpful.

 Turtlenecks/long sleeve tops: I personally love turtlenecks and long sleeve blouses for the cooler months. It keeps me very warm and I just love the way it looks on me. An added bonus is that it is awesomely modest as it keep my chest area and sleeves well covered. It gets the job done by keeping me warm but also modesty is not compromised. 

 Tights/knee high socks: I do not wear trousers and the colder months are no exception. Wearing tights and stockings under my skirts and dresses have proven to keep me super warm over the years. When I am in need of tights and stockings for the Fall and Winter there are some pointers that I keep in mind: one, the thickness of the tights or stockings, the fabric and design! With these colder months it is advisable to steer away from Spring Season 'light' fabric stockings and tights. Try and purchase thick cotton material stockings and tights - they really keep warm especially for little girls! Personally I like tights, socks and stockings with a little design - I particularly like argyle as seen in the lower right in the photo below. However, to make good use of any 'light' stockings or tights I usually wear a pair of 'light' stockings under a really thick one and socks for extra warmth!
 Source for picture on left. Source for upper right picture. Source for lower right picture.

 Scarves: Scarves are a great way to add warmth and style to our clothes in the Winter season. 

 Gloves: So I have to say that I am a little stubborn when it comes to submitting to wearing gloves to protect my hands in the Winter. In the past I have not been a fan of gloves. I kind of don't really like that I can't freely do things very well, or feel my hands when I wear gloves. But I definitely know the advantages of wearing gloves and have started to and will try to abide by it this Winter by God's grace :) Last winter I used a pair of leather gloves (an example is seen in the photo on the lower right below) and actually enjoyed wearing it! I think it was because they were easy to slip off and slip on. Hmm, I just needed to get a hold on a pair of leather gloves - it's good to know what works best for you. Find a pair of gloves that you like and will wear and be sure to wear it to keep those fingers from frostbite this Winter!
Source for picture on left; source for picture on upper right; source for picture on lower right.
Boots: I love boots in the Winter! In the past I've spent a lot of money on not-so-quality boots for the Winter all of which have ended up in the dumpster, sadly. I have learned my lesson though. Last year I invested in a pair of great long boots from kohl's and this one's here to stay ;). I have 2 pairs of boots for the Winter and I rotate between the two as I dress for the colder Season. For boots I recommend one, invest in great quality boots. Please don't be deceived by the cheap pretty ones that are destined to fall apart after one snow fall; use wisdom in selecting boots because you want a pair that will last! Also, purchase boots with neutral colors like black, cognac, brown, tan etc. These colors will match with any outfit you put together. Lastly for extra warmth, buy boots that are knee length or above the knee length. Below are the two boots that I currently own. The one on the left was purchased from Kmart. I don't really recommend the one from Kmart because it has a tendency to slide down upon walking. It doesn't stay above the knees as its supposed to. It's really annoying because I have to constantly pull it up so I have learned to just leave it alone. The one on the right was purchased from Kohls and I really like it and most definitely recommend it ;). In addition, select boots that have strong platform to withstand snow. 
Source for picture on left; source for picture on right.
Outer wear (coats/jackets): Winter coats are an obvious and great way to stay warm during the cool months. I must say that I like a coat with a little style ;). For modest ladies wanting to be warm I would recommend jackets that reach the knees or even longer coats to the ankles. In terms of color for coats you want to buy neutral colors as well. I like a little color in my winter coats. Lastly, high neck line outer wears are great because you will be warm even without a scarf as can be seen in the jacket I am wearing below. Hooded jackets come in handy as well! 
Source of picture on upper right; Source of picture on lower right
HatsWe don't want to loose too much heat from the head so our head should be covered to conserve the heat. I really like hats. It is great for style but also for warmth in the Winter. I also like berets as seen in the picture in the lower right below. I gather all of my hair underneath it specially for church. For curly hair ladies, remember to wear a satin under your hats or invest in a satin lined hat to protect your curls from friction that can lead to breakage as well as from becoming dry. 

Source of picture on right; source of picture on upper left; source of picture on lower right

Long skirts: I love long skirts! Not to mention their great convenience in keeping comfortable in the Winter. As seen below these are three colors I would recommend every modest lady to have in her closet; very neutral colors and thus will match will anything! Modest jeans or denim skirts are a bit difficult to come across but not impossible. With prayer all things are possible. If you need some jeans skirts for Winter pray that God will lead you to a store that carries it, and He will. The jeans skirts that I own currently are from a few years back and were bought from a woman's store called 'Pretty Girl.' I think I overheard a few years ago that it no longer exists :(. But I have also found some jeans skirts in Brooklyn and Bronx New York. So if you're in those areas get your hands on some nice, comfortable jeans skirts or check out your local department store! Quick tip: doubling your skirts is a great way to stay even warmer in the cool months! I am very fond of wearing two skirts when the weather is brutally cold; only be sure that the skirt underneath is not longer than the one on top; also that it won't be easily noticeable that you have an additional skirt under :)
Source for picture on left; source for picture in the middle; source for picture on right
Sweaters: In the three sweaters below there are a few patterns that are consistent in all three. Do you notice? For one, they fall into the category of earth-toned colors. Secondly, they each have a midline and a belt to encourage a feminine appeal. Thirdly, they are each 'front-open' sweaters. This is exactly my personal taste in sweaters! After I put the pictures together I realized the pattern and how easily I was gravitated toward them! :) Have fun finding sweaters for this cold Season and be warm!
Source for pic on left, center and right

The Modest Lady's Winter Equation: Turtleneck top + nice comfy sweater + neck scarf + beret + gloves+ Long skirt + thick stockings + socks + long boots = the cold breeze cannot attempt this! :)

I pray that this post was beneficial to someone! Have a warm Winter Season. May the supernatural protection of the Lord shield you from the brutal cold as you endeavor to do your part in keeping warm this cold Season in Jesus' name - amen.

How do YOU stay warm in the cold? 

Have a blessed day.
-Charity 


Comments



  1. Fancy designer wear our website and resonable price More....
    Plz visit Plz visit:- designer wear supplier in surat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment