My Weekly Inspirations -13

Message
Also that day they offered great sacrifices, and rejoiced: for God had made them rejoice with great joy: the wives also and the children rejoiced: so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard even afar off.” Nehemiah‬ ‭12‬:‭43‬ ‭KJV‬‬
December 1 was my birthday. Over the years, I have become more and more sober about my birthday. I don't tend to make much noise about my birthday. Not that I don't recognize or appreciate the day that I was born, but I have learned that it is an opportunity to examine my life - where have I been, where am I and where am I going?

Every year my birthday is a time of reflection, remembrance, reckoning and restrategizing. This year as I reflect, I have realized how much the Lord has truly made me to rejoice. The verse of scripture above is very relevant. In various aspects of my life there's been promotion, addition and glorification. To God be the glory indeed great things He has done!

Modesty: 
One thing to note about modesty is that it is not the norm especially in this day and age. As the lines between the genders become more and more undefined, it is essential now more than ever to choose God's way of dress and dress according to the uniqueness of our innate feminine and masculine design. One has to be firm about their stand on modesty and not allow the comments or looks of others to dampen/discourage their conviction. 

My encouragement to you is to know who you are dressing for, its purpose and keep that at the forefront. Be the exception! Be different! Stand out! Pray for confidence to please the Lord in your attire. Don’t give up! Someone is watching you and admiring you! You never know that you’re an encouragement to someone else. Stand your ground and be the hands and feet of Jesus as you carry out your duties in various capacities! 

Marriage: 

I have learned that one way to submit to my husband is by doing him good. "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life"Proverbs 31:12  

I have discovered that this show of goodness towards him creates within him confidence in his abilities despite his shortcomings and insecurities. He begins to see himself as a man of honor, and value because of the goodly ways with which you care for your husband as a godly wife. 

This confidence will translate to his decision-making, his interactions with others, the goals and projects he pursues, which will eventually lead him to the top in the society! Your submission through goodness to your husband sets up the standard for how he wants and needs to be respected in the world. 

As a result, He will be well known in the church, world and home as a dignified man just because you choose to do him good! Now, that's powerful! "Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land." Proverbs 31:23

Motherhood: 
Motherhood can be very comical. My life revolves around my kids and quite frankly there is no sense of predictability - as they say 'you go with the flow' of one's children in this case. I recently decided that I wanted and needed to wash my hair. I fed my baby boy and put him to sleep. Then I quickly began to unravel my twists hoping that I will finish before he wakes up. 

Who was I kidding? I'm not sure that that baby slept 10 minutes! Suddenly he was awake and I thought "oh no!" Let's just say that I never was able to wash my hair that day. Then I had to go through another process of lightly finger detangling, moisturizing and putting it back into jumbo twists for the work week. I regretted unraveling the old twists in the first place. But at least I have fresh twists for the week :). I pray that I will be able to find some time to wash my hair soon.

I hope that you're inspired by the 4 M's this week! 

\\

Let's connect on socials:

Instagram: @mrs_charity_umar

Facebook: @Charity Boadi (Mrs Charity Umar)

Youtube

Natural hair


*DISCLAIMER: Some links may be affiliate. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.


With love, 

Mrs. Charity Umar ❤️

Comments

  1. I learnt from your article, Mrs Umar, most especially that of marriage.
    Wishing you the best!
    Love your hair by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every week I look forward to reading. Thanks Mrs Charity. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really blessed.I bless the Lord for using you in a mighty way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment