This One Thing Do I Desire..


"Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with You." That is my prayer for the year 2014. I praise God for last year; all the glory be to God for great things He did. I am trusting God for a more intimate relationship with Him this year more than ever. "I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number:"- Isaiah 5:8-9. It is after we seek God that He begins to use us, and do great and mighty things in and through us. 

What do you desire for the Lord to do for, and through you this year? Wealth is great, education is great, position in society and in the church are great, serving in the house of God is great BUT, in the midst of all that is your heart right with God? Have you received Jesus as Lord and Savior? Is He the Bishop and Shepherd of your soul? Have you been renewed in your inner man? Have you been resurrected from spiritual deadness to life eternal? Are you a 'lukewarm' Christian or are you burning for the Lord? The bible says "...holiness without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). 

This requirement is not the kind that we can abide by according to our own strength or carnal knowledge; it is the kind that only God gives; in fact it is His very nature. Holiness is a call to be like Him. A call to be set apart in every aspect of our lives from the world and unto God. It is a qualification for entry into heaven and only He can grant that qualification. But it starts with a decision: Why not start the new year off at the feet of the cross? Why try to do life alone when there is a man who can help you carry the burdens of life? Why not go to the One whose love has never run out for you since the beginning of creation? Why not ask Him to teach you His ways that you may inherit eternal life at last? 

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, (money, property, business, women, men, career, job) and lose his own soul?"-Matthew 8:36. There is only ONE WAY to heaven and it is through Jesus Christ the Son of God who died to save you and I from sin and Satan. Invite Him into your life and know what it means to live!

This year I pray that we will walk with the Lord and that we will allow Him to perfect us fit for His Kingdom above in Jesus' mighty name! Amen.

Will you join me this year in my quest to follow Jesus only and Jesus ever? 

Singing: "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine"



Hillsong UNITED- "Oceans"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
-Charity

Comments

  1. A call to be set apart in every aspect of our lives from the world and unto God. It is a qualification for entry into heaven and only He can grant that qualification. But it starts with a decision: Why not start the new year off at the feet of the cross?: YES I HAVE MADE A DECISION TO FOLLOW THE CROSS!!!! I see your retreat really renewed and made you thirst and hunger for more! Hallelujah! I just pray my faith reaches greater heights and higher like yours and like Gods. God bless you! thank you for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year Charity!!! :) I pray more of God's grace upon you this year in Jesus' name. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment