Movie Time: "Forces Against My Soul"

Once in a while I like to watch movies. However not just any movies; but movies with eternity in view. Movies that turn my mind and heart to Christ and helps me to grow stronger in my Christian faith. As a Christian on the journey to heaven, I firmly believe that it is important to deliberately surround myself with things and people that will draw my attention to Jesus Christ the Author and Finisher of my soul. 

Therefore, the music I listen to, films I watch, places I go to must exude Christ and the desired heavenly City - heaven. The other day I decided to watch "Forces Against my Soul" via youtube by the film ministry 'Mount Zion Films Production'. The producers of this movie ministry are Christians who have produced many Christian movies in the past, and are still in the business of developing heavenly minded films. 

"Forces Against my Soul" was a powerful, powerful film.  It's message is geared  toward young Christian youth. It shows ways through which the Devil uses to steal, kill, and destroy the lives of young people especially those in the Christian faith through worldly lusts. Someone said that "the Devil does not trouble a nonentity with no future." Rather his target is the people who have chosen to serve and live for Jesus. These people by virtue of being the very children of God through their voluntary acceptance of the sacrifice and surrender to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, have a definite future. 

God has great plans and prospects for such people and because of that the Devil fights so strongly against the souls of the redeemed so that the great plans of God will not be fulfilled in their lives. Child of God, you are a direct target of the Devil for destruction; he longs to steal God's plans for you, kill the vision of a ministry God has given you, and eventually destroy your life here on earth, and in eternity in the lake of fire that never quenches! For this reason God advices us His children to "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"-1 peter 5:8. Be watchful and prayerful Christian! 

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of GodPraying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;"-Ephesians 6:13-18. My prayer is "God, crush, and sever every interest in me for the things of this world. Help me to live in the spirit so that I don't fulfill the desires of the flesh." 

I pray that we will not go back to 'our vomit' after we have put our hands on the plough! I pray that we will CRUCIFY our FLESH so that the 'flashy' things of this world will be of the slightest interest to us!"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."-Luke 9:62. May we always fix our gaze on Jesus Christ until we see His glorious face at last in Jesus' name! Amen.


May this movie help keep you on the straight and narrow way in Jesus' name.
Be blessed!
-Charity



Comments