My Weekly Inspirations - 1

Hello there! 

I have been inspired to share a few things with you - things the Lord is teaching me in the different areas of my life. I trust God that these will be of value to you as well. 

I will be sharing 4 M's weekly by God's grace - Message, Modesty, Marriage and Motherhood. 

Check out the first 4 M's below! Leave me a comment - what has inspired you this week? 

Message: 2 Thessalonians 1:3 

“We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;”

‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬ ‭KJV‬‬


This verse is deep and powerful - I learned that the evidence of a growing faith is the manifestation of genuine and consistent love towards the members of the body of Christ and beyond. As we grow deeper in our relationship with God, we grow in our love for Him and humanity. 


Prayer: Lord, help me to grow exceedingly in my walk with you especially in this season of having different roles and responsibilities. Help me not loose sight of the bigger picture - to seek first your kingdom and all these things will be added unto me (Matthew 6:33). 




Modesty: I prayerfully looked for an outfit for a wedding my husband and I attended recently and was led to this one on Shein.com. It was a decent price and seemed like a nice style. This is a skirt and top combo, not a dress. The top was kind of like a crop top so I had to do a few things to make it modest. 

  • I wore a long black tank top underneath 
  • I tucked in the top and wore the skirt quite high up
  • I added a belt to the waist to cover up further but to also bring the outfit together 

The quality of the outfit is a good one and I liked how it all came together! 


LINKS

Outfit in action

Link to outfit

Belt


Marriage: this past weekend my husband and I took a brief trip for a wedding without our children. We are so thankful to God for my mom who babysat the kiddos while we went on our mini trip. I was a little nervous about leaving our kids especially our newborn behind but with some prayer, encouragement from my husband and mom along with some provision of breastmilk for baby (I had pumped and froze about 150 ounces of breastmilk), I was confident to travel thousands of miles away from home!

Truly, it was a great time together. We had a chance to be together - just us. We realized how long it had been! While we love our children, it is so crucial that we are prioritizing US because the health of our marriage is in that level of couple prioritization and intentionality of our love. We are trusting God to have more alone times as a couple moving forward. 



Motherhood: Towards the end of my pregnancy with our son, I realized that styling my daughter's hair in cornrows is a good preservative style for her - it saves me time, it lasts a bit longer as she doesn't have to be bothered with styling her hair every few days. I intend to continue to style her hair this way moving forward - this week I installed these cornrows pictured above. It is not easy to get my toddler to sit still for a hairstyle but with some snacks and engaging electronic device plus God's grace, it got done! Of course I used our products to style her hair - to hydrate and moisturize especially for a long term style as this. This style will most likely be kept in for two weeks. Almost daily, I moisturize by applying our leave-in conditioner and seal with our hair butter. You may shop our products here: http://www.unveilingtheveilhair.com


I hope that you're inspired by the 4 M's this week! 


\\

Let's connect on socials:

Instagram: @mrs_charity_umar

Facebook: @Charity Boadi (Mrs Charity Umar)

Youtube

Natural hair



*DISCLAIMER: Some links may be affiliate. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.


With love, 

Mrs. Charity Umar ❤️

Comments

  1. We have to give thanks to the Lord who shines His light upon our lives. That is a very nice hack right there sometimes I'm discouraged to wear something, moving forward. I'll make it work. Your daughter's hair is so long and beautiful. Thankful for family, I pray I get all the help when I'm a mother as well by God's grace. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was encouraged by the prayers Sis
    Charity as I trust God in my growth process

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blessed by these 4 m's. ♥️🙏🏽

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment