My Weekly Inspirations - 2

Message: "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬


I am in a season of decision making. This week I had a particular appointment that will contribute to the ultimate decision. I woke up that morning with the verse above for the day! I really love that God knows how to encourage me with the right words, and at the right time! I was truly encouraged knowing that the Lord will guide me at this time as I continue to prayerfully depend on His leading. 



Modesty
: Our son went to physical church for the first time this past Sunday. He was dedicated to the Lord and prayed for.  


“For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there.” 1 Samuel‬ ‭1‬:‭27‬-‭28‬ ‭KJV‬‬


Our son is a promised child. We thank God for the gift that he is. We pray that he will love and serve the Lord all the days of his life. 


Prior to church, I thought through what we would wear as a family. We ended up coordinating the colors and it came out well. We are a modest family by God's grace! 


Watch outfit in action


Blouse


Poshmark for pleated skirt



Marriage
: In over 3 years of marriage, I have learned and continue to learn not to focus on the little non-essential things - 'he didn't do this or that, he didn't put that here or there' etc. Instead I ask myself 'this thing that I am stressing over, does it contribute to the health, happiness and holiness of our union?' Many times that answer is no. 


In addition, the Word of God is very helpful: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬ ‭KJV‬‬. This verse of scripture helps me to screen my thoughts accordingly.


In marriage it is so easy to be caught up in the mundane and loose sight of the important things. I thank God for His Word that guides, corrects and encourages. Satan will use every opportunity to get couples to be at odds with each other and that is the more reason we ought to be watchful and prayerful. In my marriage God is the third party that we cannot live without - He is an essential third party. 



Motherhood: I recently had my 6 week postpartum appointment with my OBGYN. For those that are unaware, after a woman gives birth they are advised to avoid certain things such as to not lift heavy objects, drive, refrain from sexual intercourse etc for 6 weeks. These restrictions are meant to promote the proper healing of the woman's body. 

During the 6 week appointment the doctor assesses the patient's cervix and the uterus to ensure its return to the original state. They may also do a pap smear to check the cervix for any abnormalities. If all is well, the woman is also released to resume work if they were previously employed outside of the home prior to delivery. 

 

By God's grace, my doctor said that my body had healed "beautifully!" With my daughter's birth everything was so new and not sure what was happening but this time around I feel like my body healed faster  - experience is a beautiful thing! I really thank God for perfect healing.


I hope that you're inspired by the 4 M's this week! 


\\

Let's connect on socials:

Instagram: @mrs_charity_umar

Facebook: @Charity Boadi (Mrs Charity Umar)

Youtube

Natural hair



*DISCLAIMER: Some links may be affiliate. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.


With love, 

Mrs. Charity Umar ❤️

Comments

  1. This is such a very good read. I'm learning to totally depend on God no matter how hopeless my reality screams. Thank you for that tip. I will continue to stay focused on the essential things and not the non essential.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment