My Weekly Inspirations - 5

Message: 
“And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.”Hebrews‬ ‭2‬:‭13‬ 

This scripture resonated with me during my Bible reading this week. I like the verse because the author recounts their journey of trust in the Lord as an individual and then as a family person with children. Trust in the Lord is necessary for all seasons and stages of life.

As a single person, I chose to make the decision for Christ as my Lord and Savior. By trusting in Him, I have grown to know Him more and see him move mightily in my life. When it was time for marriage, I trusted the Lord and He led, and has now blessed us with children.

As we raise our children, we yet trust the Lord the more to guide us aright and we know that He will not fail us. I pray that my children will make the decision to also trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior and that our household will be one where all members trust in the Lord will all of our hearts at all times and in all seasons. Amen.

Modesty: I have an added level of modesty while at work. Since I am a pumping mom, I must ensure that modesty is maintained. I also make sure that I wear supportive undergarments to aid in efficient pumping while at work as I move about. 
Marriage: Love is not merely an emotion, it is an action word and it is deliberate hard work. For the longest time I thought love was hugely a feeling felt for a person and if that ‘feeling’ was absent then I didn’t love the person. But I have learned through God’s word, that love is actions of service, sacrifice, and grace toward another. Love is actions of tenderness and care for another i.e: waking up early to make my husband break-fast before he goes to work though I have had merely 4 hours of sleep.
By doing this, I show that I value him, and my effort to serve him out of my own inconvenience. I didn’t have to do it but my love for him moved me into action! That was what Jesus did for me – died for me out of His own inconvenience. But His desire to save me from eternal damnation moved Him to lay down His life as the sinless Lamb of God, that by His blood I may be saved and translated into the kingdom of God. I need to extend that type of Christ-like love toward my husband continually by the grace of God.

Motherhood:
I recently resumed work 2 months after having my son. I work on a very busy hospital unit. Therefore, I had quite a bit of concerns about going back to work especially as it relates to being able to pump milk as an exclusively breastfeeding mother. The organization I work for is one that prioritizes nursing mothers by making provisions for a room for this purpose. By God's grace, I have been utilizing the room provided on my unit to pump milk for my baby. 

Thank God for technology! I currently use a hands free breast pump. I pump about 2-3 times when at work. I simply plug in my pump and while going about performing my responsibilities as a nurse, I am pumping milk for my baby simultaneously. 
I pour my milk into my breast milk bags, label with date and volume and store in an insulated bag, place in the refrigerator at work and take home after work to freeze. I make sure to perform proper hand hygiene before and after pumping and clean the area afterwards. My parents help us to take care of our children while my husband and I work, we are so grateful to them and thank God for them indeed.

Hands-free breast pump

I hope that you're inspired by the 4 M's this week! 


\\

Let's connect on socials:

Instagram: @mrs_charity_umar

Facebook: @Charity Boadi (Mrs Charity Umar)

Youtube

Natural hair



*DISCLAIMER: Some links may be affiliate. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.


With love, 

Mrs. Charity Umar ❤️


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the links to the products! God bless you sis Charity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment