My Weekly Inspirations - 8

Message:And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭9‬ ‭KJV‬‬ 


This week began with a new chapter of my career. This chapter required some adjustments to my usual schedule. Thinking about it, it seemed overwhelming! Planning meals ahead, packing lunch, waking up much earlier than usual, dropping off kids at childcare, picking up kids after work etc. From the very beginning of the week the Lord assured me that His grace is sufficient for me. 

I held on to His word. I can testify that truly His grace is more than sufficient for me - His grace strengthened me to accomplish the necessities. His grace continues to gives me strength to fulfill the responsibilities that He has given me. Lord, help me to depend on your sufficient grace always. I cannot thank Him enough. Thank you Jesus!


Modesty:

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I like the cooler temperatures as well as its accompanying sweaters, scarves and the likes to keep warm. I like denim skirts in particular in the cooler months for my modest closet. It provides warmth and it is very versatile when it comes to styling my outfits. Find some affordable denim skirts by typing into the search box HERE

Marriage:
Over the years, I have learned that submission in marriage is part of God's divine design for married couples as highlighted in scripture. Submission is being bendable, teachable and with a willingness to be taught, guided and instructed. Submission requires humility and trust. Submission is not yielding to evil. Submission is not slavery. Submission is strength under control. Submission is navigating the chain of command wisely. Through submission, presentation of ideas must be done with all respect.

In my marriage submission looks different in different circumstances. Submission can be listening to spouse’s counsel without demanding that mine is right, managing the home per spouse's preference, not sharing opinions over a certain matter when spouse has said he will handle it, not taking a certain step after spouse expresses his opinion that is contrary, seeking spouses opinion on issues before action is taken etc. I remain in the school of marriage and submission. Thus far I can boldly state that submission is a wife's super power to see God at work in her life, marriage and home! 
Listen to the most recent episode of my podcast: How I Submit to my Husband as a Christian Wife

Motherhood:

Recently my kids had been a bit ill. Motherhood is a major challenge on its own but adding sick kids to the mix is definitely a unique experience. It must be the weather change around here! We are currently in Fall/Autumn; turns out that other kids had been ill also as confirmed by some colleagues at work.

The thing about sick kids is that they just don't know how to be sick. They are miserable, fussy, can't sleep, can't eat well, and just uncomfortable. As a parent there's a feeling of helplessness. As parents we tried to do what we could to comfort them; but it's hard because they can't tell you exactly what's wrong and how you can really meet their need.

With prayers, medicines and other home remedies, they have fully recovered. They are doing well by God's grace.

I hope that you're inspired by the 4 M's this week! 


\\

Let's connect on socials:

Instagram: @mrs_charity_umar

Facebook: @Charity Boadi (Mrs Charity Umar)

Youtube

Natural hair



*DISCLAIMER: Some links may be affiliate. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.


With love, 

Mrs. Charity Umar ❤️

Comments

  1. Thanks Mrs Charity. I pray to be a submissive wife. I pray that my lifestyle and the way I dress portrays Christ and glorifies Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely ❤
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very edifying. Thanks Mrs.Charity Umar for the inspiration. May you please share on how to create a good family routine for the children. I have a 3yr old and a newborn, but struggling with setting a sleeping routine for my 3yr old as I sleep late myself. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment