US Election 2016 Results: What's a Christian to do?

Source

I am not one to be heavily involved in political conversations. I usually tune out of such conversations as it doesn't interest me all that much. However this year's United States presidential election caught my attention stronger than any other had. As much as I attempted to tune out of it the more I realized I couldn't handle the topic with blind eyes and deaf ears. I realized that I could play a major role in the election if only I made myself available to be educated on what was happening in my world. 

As I read people's comments post election results on social media, I was disturbed by some of the comments I read. The displeasure toward the president elect is quite obvious on all sides. But whether we like it or not he has been chosen to lead this nation by the people and by God. Actually the fact that he was selected shows that God had ordained it so. Beyond the people's vote was God's purpose and plan to have him lead this country. God is the One who "...removes kings and establishes kings..." (Daniel 2:21) At the end of the day, Donald Trump is the president-elect. What are we to do as Christians? Relocating to another country does not solve the problem. Protesting against him does not solve the problem either. As Christians we have a responsibility and an advantage to invite divine intervention into the leadership of our soon to be president through prayer. 

"First of all, then, I urge that petitions (specific requests), prayers, intercessions (prayers for others) and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all people, for kings and all who are in [positions of] high authority, so that we may live a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This [kind of praying] is good and acceptable and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,"-1 Timothy 2:1-3 AMP

Many people see Donald Trump as not fitting to occupy the White house as a president and to an extent that is rightly so. There is a quote that came to mind as I thought of this "God doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called." The reality is that Donald Trump has been called to occupy the White House by God at this time in US history for reasons only God knows. He may not seem 'qualified' but God can qualify him through you and I as we offer him before God  through prayer as our leader. He has promised to do a lot - many of which the majority don't concur. But the bible says "Many plans are in a man’s mind, But it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand (be carried out)" AMP- Proverbs 19:21. His plans are subject to God's will and purpose. The whole universe belongs to God, and you better believe he has full control over everything that goes on even the minute details.

Instead of complaining, being bitter, and angry let us pray! Instead of being fearful, let us obtain faith from the word of God! If the unbelievers are exercising fear for the future of America, we Christians must be exercising faith that produces a hopeful outlook for the future that will encourage them that we serve a living God. In God there is hope! I believe God that there is hope for this nation despite the election turn out. The bible says that there is a power that works in us and that power is faith and prayer. If we will exercise these two, things will change for the better in our nation and world. In the next few months many decision will be made by the president-elect. Hence, there is so much to pray for! We ought to be praying for wisdom, patience, gentleness, comportment for the leadership of the president-elect. Also for positive influence of his wife on his leadership, and cooperation with the whole governmental system etc. There is nothing prayer cannot handle. We can move God's hands to do wonders!

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" Ephesians 3:20.

More than anything Trump and his administration need prayer! I am among #ChristiansWhoarePrayingForTrump. Will you join me? 

Be inspired!
-Charity

Comments

  1. Very encouraging piece. God bless you real good. May the prevailing situation of life not make one loose focus of eternal values, because that is what matters most.

    I am not in America but i would say i feel the nostalgia. Now I am encouraged to pray for the new president and his cabinet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment